Tuesday, June 2, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015 – June


This month's topic: Do you find yourself more productive with stitching in summer or winter? I try to stitch a few hours each day, but I will admit I get more done in the winter than I do summer. Living in Canada, we get a lot of snow in winter and more often you'll find me at home staying out of the cold. I really dislike snow, so no winter sports for me. In the summer, I try to go out when it's nice outside even if all I feel like doing is staying at home and stitching.

Still nothing on Bramble and the Rose.

No Update
Ink Circles - The Bramble and the Rose

Very small update on Tree of Hope again. I've tried to stitch on in a bit each week without success. For now I'd rather stitch on other things.

Mirabilia - Tree of Hope

The dragons have still not made an appearance.

No Update
Teresa Wentzler - Tracery Dragons

This is what I've been preferring to stitch. Fantasy Lace got a lot of attention this month. The cable stitching and satin stitched lines are all done. I'm now stitching the flowers that go under the cable stitches. I have half of them left to do and then I can move onto the button hole border.


Satin Stitches - Donna's Fantasy Lace

A bit more stitching on Pretty Little San Francisco. This is my go to piece when I feel like cross stitching something simple. But again, I didn't spend that much time on it.

Satsuma Street - Pretty Little San Francisco

In my defense, I was pretty busy this month. I worked on a small "crewel" practice piece for myself.



And I had a two day class with Hazel Blomkamp and went stash crazy.



I went stash crazy again that same week and decided to learn knitting again. I started and finished a cowl in two days.


9 comments:

  1. Great progress. I'm like you - sometimes I feel like working on something, sometimes I don't. Go with what you want to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely update. Congrats on the finishes and nice progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have a lot of beautiful things going. Especially Donna's Fantasy Lace and the practice crewel looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy, well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work ♥ love the tree of hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your pieces this month, Fantasy Lace is beautiful and your Satsuma Street piece is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh you have a lot of pretty things on the go. Just love the lace fantasy and I agree with you about always wanting to stitch every day even though one should be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so pretty, but your crewel is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely projects to work on, I really love your crewel piece too!

    ReplyDelete