Tuesday, February 23, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 – February


This month's theme is: If you have any of your pieces on display in your home which attracts the most plaudits? (via Hazel) I don't really have any pieces on display in my house. In my room you'll find various little amigurumis that I've crocheted or little stitched projects from the Creative Festival that have been "finished". I do have one framed piece that is hanging in my room. It's actually the only thing hanging on a wall in the entire house lol


I do have one more piece that is framed, but it's never been hung as my mom and I can't agree on a wall and I don't want to overcrowd my room walls. Maybe when I get sick of looking at Stargazer, I'll switch her out for the Peacock. But for now I'm happy with how things stand.



I'm still making excellent progress on Bramble and the Rose. I stitched on it for a few weekends.

Ink Circles - The Bramble and the Rose

Nothing new on Tracery Dragons.

No Update
Teresa Wentzler - Tracery Dragons

More eyelet stitching on Fantasy Lace. I managed to finish one more side at my guild stitching meeting. It's a small one, but its counts ;)

Satin Stitches - Donna's Fantasy Lace

In the last WIPocalypse post I had started Azure Tit and Blueberries.  I have since finished all the cross stitch and back stitch on the piece and finished cross stitching the next bird in the series Mountain Bluebird and Blackcurrant.

Ajisai Designs - Azure Tit and Blueberries

Ajisai Designs - Mountain Bluebird and Blackcurrant

14 comments:

  1. I love the blue birds, they're so pretty. Your framed pieces deserve to be out on display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress this month Dima - such lovely works in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely finishes to display. Our walls are really solid here so it's hard to hang stuff up. My old house was 120 year old brick and plaster so nice and easy to bang a few nails in wherever I wanted to. My walls were pretty much covered!
    Great progress on the Fantasy Lace and the lovely bird designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific progress and finishes Dima!!!! Especially fantasy lace. Oh and since it's now 2016 you can snag my wipocalypse badge if you like. In fact anyone who reads this is welcome to a copy as Measi hasn't made any this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think you need to find an interesting way to display your finished pieces, so that you can occasionally glow quietly with a sense of achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think you need to find a place for your peacock - he's beautiful. Nice progress on Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Dima, I love Fantasy Lace and Bramble and the Rose 💜!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful finishes, love the blue birds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress and wow...a finish! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is super gorgeous - and that finish - so striking!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your framed pieces are beautiful. And I love those bluebirds. Are you doing the whole series?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful stargazer and peacock pieces, definately to be on display. Love the mountain bluebird also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stargazer is lovely and so is the peacock, both should be up on the walls if you can! The bluebirds are sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful progress! I love your lovely birds! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete