Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April TUSAL



I did mainly Japanese embroidery in April so there wasn't much in my jar this month until this weekend. All the white thread is from a Japanese embroidery piece but not from stitching. It's the lacing thread on my bouquet.


Last Friday, I cut the lacing and removed my piece from the frame and started the long process of stretching the fabric over foam core. I worked on it all of Sunday and am still going at it. So sadly no stitching update from me this week. I'm hoping to get this done before the end of the week so I can do some stitching this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. A tiresome but necessary task - I hope you get back to stitching soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some tight lacing! Interesting to see the fabric this close up...it looks more like linen than I imagined.

    ReplyDelete