Monday, July 4, 2022

Color Wheel Nearly There

Last time I posted about the color wheel, I had some frogging to do as I'd used the wrong green. I made quick work of the stitching. I really wanted to start playing with a new set of colors.



Aren't these colors pretty? These are the colors labeled tone.


The tones and another set of shaded colors are used to fill the pools at the center of each shape. I was excited to work on these as it means I was nearing the end of the blackwork and could start with the metal thread embroidery.


I say metal thread embroidery as the outlines are done in silver as opposed to the first color wheel which was outlined in gold.


The empty space in the center is filled with chipped silver over a padded layer. The instructions say to use a padding of three layers, but I found that wasn't enough to really cover the center. So I decided to add a fourth layer.


It looks much better with that last layer. Here it's seen with the first outline of purl pearl, but once the second outline is in all the empty space will be covered.


I just had time to outline the pastel areas before I had to set the piece aside to work on something else.


I had to eyeball the outline in as there was no guidelines given. It's not perfectly geometric but it will have to do. I'm looking forward to adding the rest of the silver threads. It's going to make the entire piece to just pop.

4 comments:

  1. I was going to say how these filled in centers looked great but wow, that center pastels with the silver outline is just gorgeous! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty project. I love blackwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those cases when More is definitely More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cette création aussi est une merveille !!

    ReplyDelete