Tuesday, September 27, 2022

2022 Lakeshore Exhibition

Two weeks ago we had our exhibition. This normally occurs every two years, but due to COVID it's been 3 years since our last one. The guild turned 50 last year and since it's a big milestone we didn't want to miss, we decided to do a 50+1 celebration.


Our guild members went all out with advertisements this year. We made the front page of the Montreal Gazette with a full page article in color. You can read the article online here.


We even made it on the local city tv news. My sister came and helped out filming short clips for us as I was busy doing demos.

(click post to see the video below)


Here I am demoing chipwork on the Contrast Color Wheel. I had loads of fun chatting with all the visitors. I even brought my Astrolabe. I'll have to make sure it's framed for the next exhibition.


I submitted a few pieces to the show. I realized as I was going through my finished pieces how many need to be "finished". I'll have to work on that. Still, I'm happy with what I put in.


None of my pieces won anything, but when you see the best in show you'll understand. The quality of stitching this year was amazing!


I have so many media files to get through. I have a video I took of the entire exhibition that needs to be edited and uploaded. I'll share a link once it's ready so you can see the full show.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, everyone really went out for this show, both your stitching and winning design are amazing! I'm glad you got to celebrate this anniversary after a couple years 'off'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous event. I wanted to tell the news reporter to slow down so we could see the pieces! Several look very familiar from your blog.
    I can't believe you didn't win anything, the standard must have been incredibly high as your work is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete