Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Working Hard

This week I promised an update picture of my progress on my Hardanger project. The cutting of the fabric, was scary but not as bad as I expected it would be.

After cutting
Once I finished cutting the fabric, I started the Greek Crosses. It took me a while to get comfortable with this stitch. I'm still not 100% satisfied with the crosses, but it will do for now.

Inner border of Greek crosses
I decided not to stitch the center first since I was still not sure how I wanted to do it (The pictures aren't very clear). Yesterday, I gave up and just decided to free style it and see what happens. It didn't come out too bad, it's exactly the same and my Greek Crosses are still not as nice as the ones in the original, but not bad for my first project.



Here's an overview of it so far. The next stitch I will be learning is the side bars with picot. I tried it yesterday but it didn't look right to me, so I will be researching that before I try it again.


  1. It looks incredible! I can't believe this is your first project! Your work looks like you've been doing this forever.

    1. Thank you! It's not so bad once you get the basics. It just takes a lot of patience and stitching the same thing over and over ;)

  2. Beautiful work!
    Happy Stitching