Sunday, December 7, 2014

Flower Patch Finished

After 3 years, I can finally say that I finished stitching Flower Patch. This design is from Papillon Creations.

I originally started this piece to take with me on my trip to San Francisco. I had just been hired at my current company and they were sending me there for training. It's also been to Calgary when I was there for the Stamped.

Flower Patch is stitched on 32 count Jobelan Lambswool, which is my favorite fabric. I decided to stitch it 1 over 1 because I didn't have enough of the fabric to stitch it over 2. I love the effect, but all those leaves became tedious to stitch over 1.

I also made some changes in the colors. I didn't really like the pale green in this pattern. Actually, every time someone would see me stitching this piece, they'd tell me it's out of place. It was too late to do anything about the octagons, but I could at least change it in the leaves. I switched it out for DMC 3052.

The thing I love about stitching over 1 is the back. It looks almost exactly like the front of it.

Best part of all this, is that I reached one of my goals for this year :)


  1. Nice finish. It's quite colorful! Always nice to meet a goal!

  2. Congrats on the gorgeous finish.


  3. You did an excellent job and should be very proud.

  4. It's such a gorgeous finish! And I still can't believe it's over 1 on 32 count!

  5. Congratulations on a beautiful finish :)