Monday, May 11, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015 – May


My post is very late as I was waiting for the question of the month, which is: I would like to know if you look for LNS’s when you travel. What is the favorite shop you've ever found? The answer for that is a definitive yes. I'm from Montreal, Quebec and there are not a lot of LNS available near me, so I do most of my shopping online. When I know I'm going to be travelling out of Montreal, I look for shops in the area and make the time to visit. So far I've been to:

  • San Francisco's Needle in a Haystack I was there for work and took a taxi to get there. I have a co-worker who goes ever year and I make sure to place an order for pick up (link).
  • Cochrane's The Stitching Corner and Edmonton's The Craft Connection, both excellent shops if you're in the area (link to what I bought).
  • Toronto's Gitta's, I went there for the first time last year and bought lots of stash. I actually went a day early to ensure I'd be able to go there.
  • Sweden, I didn't really find any cross stitch stores near where I was staying, but I did visit knitting stores. See, I don't only look for needlework stores. I make sure to look for crochet and knitting stores as sometimes they have a small needlework section.
  • South Korea (x2), when my sister went I sent her on a mission to bring me back stash :) and when I got the chance to go I did the same (link).

I don't have a favorite shop, all the ones I've listed above were amazing and the ladies who worked there were very patient with me as I spent hours deciding what I wanted. As far as I'm concerned, walking into any needlework shop is like entering heaven. I do try to prepare a list before going so that I don't overspend, but I like to make one impulsive buy at each one.

Now onto the update pics.

Still nothing on Bramble and the Rose.

No Update
Ink Circles - The Bramble and the Rose

I didn't stitch a lot on Tree of Hope. Just a few leaves.


Mirabilia - Tree of Hope

The dragons have still not made an appearance.

No Update
Teresa Wentzler - Tracery Dragons

I did a lot of stitching on Fantasy Lace. This isn't a really nice picture, but you can see the border of Kloster's is done. There is one more border to stitch around it, this time buttonholes. I'll get to that once I finish all the cable stitching and satin stitches that goes inside this layer.

Satin Stitches - Donna's Fantasy Lace

Gelati al Cioccolato has been "finished" finished. It's now hanging off my bed's headboard until I figure out a nicer way to display my finishes.

Gingerbread Girl - Gelati al Cioccolato

I did end up pulling out my pulled thread Miniature Ornate Carpet kit. I not only worked on it, but I also finished it. You can find more details in my previous post here.


Karen Dudzinski - Pulled Thread Miniature Ornate Carpet

I worked a little on Pretty Little San Francisco when I had my cold, but not much since.


Satsuma Street - Pretty Little San Francisco

9 comments:

  1. All stitches are a good thing. You've done well - a couple of finishes and progress in other projects. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching and progress. I have a SAL going on Tuesdays for the Pretty Little Cities if you would like to join us.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress. Fantasy lace is so pretty! The miniature rug and the ornament are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All interesting and intricate designs. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely projects and you made great progress on some :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching Dima, I especially like Tree of Hope, so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly working on some beautiful patterns! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the shops.... good to know if I am ever visiting in those areas! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful progress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress Dima and a finished finish to boot! Love your Fantasy Lace, pieces like that are deceptively time consuming!

    ReplyDelete