Friday, September 28, 2018

Every Stitch Counts

I haven't had the chance to really put in a lot of time on Hanabatake for two weeks now. I'm thinking back and it seems like I'm putting in less stitching time than I did last year. I seem to remember making more progress. I'll have to figure out why. However, I did try to put in a few stitches every other day. By doing that I was able to finish the upper right corner.


This means I'm one step closer to finishing all the flowers. Now I just need one good stitching session (or many smaller stitching sessions).


Tonight I'm off to Kingston to attend the Cataraqui Guild of Needle Arts fair being held tomorrow. It'll be great to see stitching friends who live in the Ontario area. If your attending, look for me at L'atelier de Penelope's booth. I'm looking forward to this year's fair, as they will be having demonstrations and an auction.


We're driving back on Saturday, so might or might not have stitching time on Sunday depending on how tired I am. So no stitching time, but I'm looking forward to the stitching marathon on the coming long weekend for Thanksgiving in Canada.

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful! You are so right - every stitch counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are well on the way there - within sight of the end! As for the different rate of stitching - maybe you're working on something more complex? Or simply learning greater precision?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the fair Dima! And the beading looks great on Hanabatake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely and is coming along so nicely. I know what you mean about not as much time for stitching. I don’t remember the last time I did this little stitching! I keep thinking next week will be better, but something always seems to come up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, so close! And I already had a peek at your Instagram to see what happened in the meantime - so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking so good now. Hope you enjoyed the Fair.

    ReplyDelete