Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Japanese Embroidery Phase 1 - Wrapping Paper

Since my homework is done, I can finally go back to working on my bouquet. Over the weekend we had a group meeting. It was great to see them as our meetings kept getting cancelled because of weather.

I took my phase 1 piece Bouquet from the Heart of Japan. My goal this time is to put in the final touch on my wrapping paper. The paper is outlined with a thick thread called karayori which can only be couched. I've been putting this off for a while now but I couldn't anymore as all the veins and stems in the piece are stitched using the same threads.


After getting a demonstration, I was able to successfully make my threads and couch it. With my wrapping paper complete, I can go back and finish all the leaf blades and start working on the stems. Not to forget the cords. I'm thinking I should tackle the cords first as I don't want it to be the last thing to do on this piece. I could see it dragging as I avoid it.


5 comments:

  1. HOLY COW! That is incredible! Beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good! And I agree, getting over something you're not keen on is a good way of encouraging yourself to move on to something more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! This I hope you'll get lots of work done on this soon :)

    ReplyDelete