Monday, November 18, 2019

Blast From the Past

Remember this piece? It's Tracery Dragons by Teresa Wentzler. I had to look it up, but the last time I stitched on it was December of 2016. After I finished Mermaids of the Deep and Miniature Midnight, I didn't have enough time to start something new (I was leaving for Winnipeg) and I didn't feel like working on my other WIPs. So I decided to pull out something that I haven't touched in forever.


Another more practical reason is that the thread box is taking up some space and hogging floss. It would be great if I can finish it and pack everything away.


Once I got back into it, I made some very good progress. There is still some stitching to do on the bottom half (more leaves) but it should be almost done. Except for the dragon, I haven't started putting him in yet. I think I will leave him for last. I really should have been working on my Japanese embroidery but I couldn't stop once I started.



I also worked on Hedebo Starburst. The top side is all done and you can see the entire pattern. I need to clean up the sides (or at least one) in order to continue. I'll try to put in some time tonight.


4 comments:

  1. Great progress! I have projects that I haven't worked on in ages, and like you, would like to finish and put away the threads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dragons have fairly romped away, haven't they! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces look good and will be finished in no time. Impressive motivation to finish the dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tracery Dragons are a lovely design and you made great progress!

    ReplyDelete