Monday, October 4, 2021

Calm Flow - Finished

 The last time you saw this piece, I said it only needed one last push to get done.


Well that was easier said than done. Each image in this animation was one session. When I say session, I mean a whole day of me just beading.

(click on the post to see the animation below)


It's done! I've already pulled it off the frame and it's waiting for me to finish it. The original is finished into a folio. Basically it's a folded "wallet" with two pockets, not useful for anything in my opinion. I've been trying to find a clutch clasp, but I haven't had any luck so far. So this piece will be set aside for now. If you want to see how sparkly it is, check out this post on my Instagram.

My biggest supporter while stitching this piece was my teacher Cecilia Roger. She kept me at it, asking about my progress and where I was at. So thanks to her I will be starting my phase 3 piece in Japanese bead embroidery in November *crossing fingers*. I've already ordered my kit and I can't wait to get my hands on those beads.

6 comments:

  1. That has been quite the epic - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. Looking forward to seeing how you "finish" it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing especially with everything else you are working on. You've done a fantastic job. That random beading always takes longer than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks stunning! Well done getting it finished, and can't wait to see your phase 3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous, I'd love to see it in real life! Looking forward to seeing how you fully finish it now.

    ReplyDelete