Friday, April 1, 2022

Poppy Pouch - Stitching Finished

 The last time I shared pictures of Poppy Pouch, I was halfway through each piece.



I made a commitment to myself to complete all the previously covered techniques before our fifth lesson. This went by surprisingly well. It really helped to have one side completed to use as a reference.


The last technique we had to cover is the seed bead effect. It's the same one we did in Calm Flow. You remember, the part that took FOREVER to finish? Luckily for me, this time arround the areas to fill in are not only smaller, but we get to stitch with two beads at a time. Score!


I tried to make an effort not to pack in my beads, so the little gaps are normal. Packing too much is something that I'm always working on.


Stitching with two beads, I made quick work of filling the areas and managed to finish both over the same weekend.


I was super happy that I managed to finish the embroidery before the end of the class. In the sixth lesson, which happened last weekend, we covered the finishing instructions. I've gathered all my materials and am hoping to get around that this weekend. It all depends on whether I finish my homework. More on that next week.


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! You must be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, and the background to the flowers contrasts beautifully with the stripes below!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are stunning. Your white bead background looks nicely random too, which I know is difficult to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beadwork is flawless as usual - can't wait to see the full finish!

    ReplyDelete