Thursday, March 31, 2022

Blackwork Contrast Color Wheel

It's been a while since my last post. I didn't mean to keep it so long, I guess I lost track of time. I have lots to share with you, but I will start with the color wheel as that seems to be a favorite.

I finally made it all around with the hues. It's very interesting stitching with the different colors. Every color gives off a different feeling. Some feel thicker than others, for example the purple versus the yellow. I enjoyed stitching with those colors more.


Now that the main blocks are in, I can use them as a guide for the remaining color blocks. As I fill more and more areas, I'll be able to go around the color wheel faster.


I'm actually further along than this, having completed filling the orange block with blue and am working on filling the purple block with yellow. Just no picture yet.


I can't wait to complete this round, so I can start stitching with another color family.

3 comments:

  1. Coming together very well, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding the contrast colours makes a huge difference to this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks great! I think I still like the pastels in the middle most, but it's all coming together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete