Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First Finish!

I know I promised an update of the Lucky Bag on Monday, but I just couldn't sit down and do it. I was having a hard time stitching out the outline on the fabric I was going to use for the back. I finally sat down and did it today. Took me about 3 hours to complete.

Here are pictures of it step by step:



And the finished product! It's stuffed with Poly-fill and I actually bought some dried lavender to place inside it to give it a scent.


I used the same technic that is used to make biscornus, I think it's called the whip stitch.


One thing I will do differently is stitch the outline on the fabric slightly bigger than the actual design. It was very hard to stitch together and I was really scared it wouldn't fit o.O

Update: Another thing I wouldn't do next time is use the fabric that came with the kit. It's such a waste to cut the pretty fabric. It has a nice metallic shine in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment