Tuesday, April 29, 2014


Most of the TUSAL is masked by all the gold I've been using to stitch the huge amount of eyelets. That is almost over, thank God. What's underneath it is mainly green, but there's also threads that were from cleaning up all the cardboard bobbins I was using for Peacock Tapestry.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Out of the Trees and Into the Light

Yes, you read right! The tree branches and all those leaves are finally stitched and done.

I had a very productive Good Friday and was thinking of skipping this weeks update until I was done back-stitching. But that didn't take as much time as I though it would and at around 10:30 yesterday I put in the last stitch for those leaves.

2014/04/13 (just a week ago)
Here it is in all its glory ;)

Now that the inside is all finished, I'm going to go back to the border and finish it all up. I think that this will be the last update post on Peacock Tapestry until it is all finished, since there won't be much to show.

Update: It took 191.25 hours to finish all the leaves o.o

Monday, April 14, 2014

The end is near

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can you?

I made great progress last week, even though I didn't stitch every day. I'm almost done with the two sections I'm working on right now and after that its a really small area on the last two pages.

Here is what the entire thing looks like now:

I am thinking of not doing the french knots on the pears. I want to use some mill hill seed beads instead. Something to give it a some sparkle in those areas.

I'm going to be on vacation as of this Friday, so lots of stitching time to come.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring is Here!

When I look at my tree it feels like spring is here, lol. My branch went from being bare to being filled with leaves. I made a nice dent into the tree. By Sunday, I had a good chunk of the two pages done (branch, leaves and pears), but I still have to do all those pesky stitches that go in between the leaves. I started doing that Monday.

I'm hoping by the middle of this week, I'll be starting the back-stitch so that I can scroll the fabric up to be able to finish all the branches.

P.S. Yesterday I noticed I made a boo-boo. It's fixed now but I'm sure some of you will notice it when I post the next update.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Back-stitch on Peacock Completed

As promised here is an update on Peacock Tapestry. Not a huge amount of progress, I spent most of last week reading, only stitching on the weekend, but the back-stitch on the peacock is officially done.

Here is the previous update pic and the new one.

I've already started on the leaves. I'm hoping by next Monday I'll have a nice progress pic.