I've been writing this blog for about 3 years now and I still get a jolt to the heart every time I see my blog name mentioned online lol. This time I was nominated for a blog award by Shelly from http://shelly-anarizonastitcher.blogspot.ca/. Do check her blog out! She mainly cross stitches samplers and her finishing skills are beautiful.
This is copied from Shelly's blog post:
The purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow, mostly newer, bloggers that they wish to recognize. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that we think are "lovely" and enjoy reading. We hope others will enjoy reading these blogs also. In order to accept the award, the nominated blogger must follow these rules:
*Thank the person who nominated you and link back to then in your post
*Share seven facts about yourself
*Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award
So here goes nothing:
- So my blog name is D1-D2 and the reason for that is there was supposed to be two D's using this blog: Me (Dima) and my sister (Dina). I'm the eldest (of four) by the way. It was originally going to be about the two of us recording our projects, my embroidery and her artwork. That didn't happen in the end, but I kept the name.
- I am a voracious reader since high school. I was the girl that carried a book (sometimes two) everywhere she went. I still do, but that's been replaced by a tablet/e-reader. So if I'm MIA for a while you know why. I'm probably off on a series marathon because there was a new release.
- My favorite part about my hobby is that it allows me to combine it with something else I love: Movie/Season marathons (yes, it doesn't stop at books). I can never watch the Mummy and stop there, I have to watch the Mummy Returns right after :)
- I love listening to K-pop. How did that happen? Well it started with Manga (Japanese comic books), which in turn brought me to Manhwa (Korean comic books), then to a Korean drama adapting one of those Manhwa's, ending in listening to the music. I have a few favorite singers/groups (IU you'll always be my favorite), one of which is Akdong Musician.
- The smell of bananas make me nauseous. I can smell one from across the room. If you've eaten one, please keep your distance.
- When I was younger, we lived in Sudan. I even did first and second grade there.
- I have an Engineering Degree, Software Engineering to be exact. Which explains why everything I do has to be researched and planned. The structure I learned in Engineering fits my personality, but it also means I have a hard time lettings things flow naturally. I'm hoping needlework will help me with that.
Enough about me! Let's hear from other bloggers: