My post is very late as I was waiting for the question of the month, which is: I would like to know if you look for LNS’s when you travel. What is the favorite shop you've ever found? The answer for that is a definitive yes. I'm from Montreal, Quebec and there are not a lot of LNS available near me, so I do most of my shopping online. When I know I'm going to be travelling out of Montreal, I look for shops in the area and make the time to visit. So far I've been to:
- San Francisco's Needle in a Haystack I was there for work and took a taxi to get there. I have a co-worker who goes ever year and I make sure to place an order for pick up (link).
- Cochrane's The Stitching Corner and Edmonton's The Craft Connection, both excellent shops if you're in the area (link to what I bought).
- Toronto's Gitta's, I went there for the first time last year and bought lots of stash. I actually went a day early to ensure I'd be able to go there.
- Sweden, I didn't really find any cross stitch stores near where I was staying, but I did visit knitting stores. See, I don't only look for needlework stores. I make sure to look for crochet and knitting stores as sometimes they have a small needlework section.
- South Korea (x2), when my sister went I sent her on a mission to bring me back stash :) and when I got the chance to go I did the same (link).
I don't have a favorite shop, all the ones I've listed above were amazing and the ladies who worked there were very patient with me as I spent hours deciding what I wanted. As far as I'm concerned, walking into any needlework shop is like entering heaven. I do try to prepare a list before going so that I don't overspend, but I like to make one impulsive buy at each one.
Now onto the update pics.
Still nothing on Bramble and the Rose.
Ink Circles - The Bramble and the Rose
I didn't stitch a lot on Tree of Hope. Just a few leaves.
Mirabilia - Tree of Hope
The dragons have still not made an appearance.
Teresa Wentzler - Tracery Dragons
I did a lot of stitching on Fantasy Lace. This isn't a really nice picture, but you can see the border of Kloster's is done. There is one more border to stitch around it, this time buttonholes. I'll get to that once I finish all the cable stitching and satin stitches that goes inside this layer.
Satin Stitches - Donna's Fantasy Lace
Gelati al Cioccolato has been "finished" finished. It's now hanging off my bed's headboard until I figure out a nicer way to display my finishes.
Gingerbread Girl - Gelati al Cioccolato
I did end up pulling out my pulled thread Miniature Ornate Carpet kit. I not only worked on it, but I also finished it. You can find more details in my previous post here.
Karen Dudzinski - Pulled Thread Miniature Ornate Carpet
Satsuma Street - Pretty Little San Francisco