Monday, August 13, 2018

Japanese Embroidery Phase 1 - More Leaves

This weekend I worked on leaves. I put in nine more bush clover leaves (14 leaves to go).


I decided to change it up on Sunday and worked on the chrysanthemum leaves. I'm loving working with flat silks. It's such a pleasure to work with, I can see myself stitching with it full time. Just need to build up my stash of silks.


The piece is really feeling empty on the right side. I need to figure out those pinks, the last time I put them in they were wrong and had to come out. I also really should finish the elements that are almost done, like the chrysanthemums and valerians. That way I can tick them off my list.


5 comments:

  1. Good progress! I think you're right, it would be satisfying to have the "nearly finished" ticked off as "really finished"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s really coming along well! I’ve not used flat silk before. Perhaps I should try some on a small piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking better every time you show it...I love the bush clover leaves, so neat and shiny. But I agree, it would be nice to have a few more items 'fully finished' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I can see why you love the silks, the colours are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete