Thursday, May 9, 2019

Not Much Progress

As much as I was hoping to get some stitching done over the weekend, very little happened. I did finish stretching my Japanese embroidery piece. I thought the framer would be waiting after me, but it turns out that I'm the one who will be waiting after THEM. It's fine though, I'm in no real rush.


I've tried to pick up a few of my projects over the past few days but I'm just not into it. I decided to stick to simpler pieces for now, like this hedebo piece. This is Hedebo Starbust by Jette Roy Finlay-Heath, a kit I bought at seminar in Newfoundland. There is a lot of pre-work to do in this piece so not much to show for now. I pull it out every now and then, and so far put in about 30 hours. It's a great piece to work on when I want to keep my hands busy but not think too much. Plus, not having to worry about changing colors is great. So it suits my current mood perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. Your piece is very beautiful. I like the effect of the white on white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all your super complex projects, it's no surprise you want something more simple from time to time! Although I wouldn't necessarily call Hedebo simple, either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to have a no-thought project to run alongside the more complex variety, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of people feel that way after a larger or complex finish.
    It's nice to have something repetitive to do to cleanse the stitching palate.

    ReplyDelete