Thursday, June 6, 2019

May TUSAL



I haven't been very good at keeping my blog updated all of May. Same thing for Instagram. I've tried putting in time for stitching but I've been fasting all month so by the time end of day arrives, I have very little energy. I spent many evenings curled up in bed catching up on reading while waiting for the sun to come down. The days I did feel like stitching, I limited it to simple cross stitch or whitework. This meant, my mermaids grew by leaps and bounds. I'm half way up the body of the second mermaid. Chances are high it won't be finished by my sister's b-day at the end of June but it will be done before the year ends.


I do have an update on the framing for my bouquet. I'm so happy with how it came out, especially with our choice of mat. We picked an outer mat to match the fabric as closely as we could get it. For the inner mat I wanted the same blue as the orchid as there just wasn't enough of it in the piece. The frame is an old gold, nothing too thick so as to distract from the piece. It's not up yet as no one has had any energy but hopefully this month it will be up on the wall.


Funny story, they had to frame it 3 times. The first night I took it home I found debris under the glass. I took it back the next weekend to open up and remove the debris. We confirmed all was good and they closed it up, but when it was presented to me I found another one. It seems like the glasses got "magnetized" and was picking up bits of fluff. So they had to undo it a second time. They got smarter and brought it out for me to do a final check before they closed it off. Lesson learned always closely inspect your piece before taking it home.


7 comments:

  1. Yes, framing does need attention. Glad it worked out in the end, because it's a gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bouquet looks fabulous. Congratulations. Can't wait to see your finished mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!

    I was always amazed at my co-workers who managed enough energy everyday to get their work done during Ramadan. One, however, always looked forward to the opportunity to drop some pounds. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bouquet is lovely! Admire your precise stitching and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mermaids look great, as does the Bouquet in it's frames!
    I admire you...I would be absolutely useless if I wouldn't eat all day. I tried it in an attempt to 'diet' a few times and let's just say that on those days, not a lot of work got done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mermaids are looking beautiful. The frame and mount you chose are perfect, they seem to fit the Japanese aesthetic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your mermaids coming together!
    The bouquet looks great framed, I guess third time's a charm?!

    ReplyDelete