Monday, September 16, 2019

Really Late Update

I meant to post these last week but got busy. My guild's exhibition was coming up (it was this weekend, more this in a later post) and I wanted to submit the Tree of Life. It needed to be stretched and the back covered first though. So I spent a few evenings working on that.

On nights when I didn't have much stitching time, I would work on Hedebo Starburst. By putting in a 30 minutes here and there, I was able to clear up two corners and am halfway to getting a third done.


When I have more time in the evening, I would work on beading the mermaids. I'm slowly making my way up to the middle.


What I've really wanted to do was work on my Japanese embroidery, but it's not something I can just work on at the spur of the moment. It requires a full free day and those have been very rare this summer. I finally got a free Sunday two weeks ago (it was raining all day) and I sat down to rework the woven effect leaf. I decided after speaking with the group that I can do better. You can see where the arrow is pointing my mistake. So I spent a few hours ripping everything out.


I was only able to get this far as I ran out of the blue. Luckily someone from my group had a spare reel so I'll be able to work on it this weekend (crossing my fingers).

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how the odd half hour here and there adds up, isn't it - although I can quite see that the Japanese embroidery isn't the type to tackle in that manner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see what you've been up to :) You've made tons of progress on your various projects. Shame you've been stitching backwards on the Japanese Embroidery, but hopefully you'll find the time to catch up again soon.

    ReplyDelete