Thursday, September 8, 2022

August TUSAL


I'm late for TUSAL. I blame the long weekend. Now that the Astrolabe is done, I'm hoping that next month's report will have more color. Although I can't remember where that strand of red/orange came from. 

Ove the long weekend, I've framed up a new Japanese embroidery piece in anticipation of a class we're holding in November. Right now I'm mainly doing outline stitches in white (on white fabric) so there's not much to see, but I'll share a picture soon with my color choices. 

I've also been working on the Contrast Color Wheel, putting in the metal thread portion of it. I'm trying to get it to a state that it would look nice for observers as I'm doing demonstrations at our local guild exhibition. 


Please come by if you're local. I'll be there both days but demonstrating on Saturday between 10am and noon. I'll also have a few pieces entered in the exhibition. Sadly not the Astrolabe as it won't be framed in time, but there will be lots of other pretty things to see. For those not local, my guild is putting together a video tour (filmed by yours truly) and it will be shared on social media. I will share a link when it becomes available.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting new start with all the curves. Sorry I can't be at the exhibition, it's my Birthday that day and I need to be here LOL
    Looking forward to seeing the film though. No need to sing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm excited to see more of your new Japanese embroidery project, and more of the colour wheel as well!

    ReplyDelete