Monday, February 6, 2023

January TUSAL



First TUSAL of the year. My ORT jar matches the weather outside. All the snow we didn't get in December, showed up in January. Last week I was finally able to start making some headway on a few projects, super happy I can finally get back on track. This weekend I also had my first finish of the year, I'll share the details in the next post. For now here's a little something I'd been working on to keep me busy during the month of January.


During COVID, I really made use of my sewing machine for sewing various projects, including masks. I decided to go through my box of scraps to see what I can salvage and trimmed the edges to make them straight. All these scraps were specifically from the covid masks I made for the family. The cream fabric was used for the lining.


One technique I've been wanting to get back to is pojagi (보자기). I really enjoyed it as it's great for keeping your hands busy, while your brain is occupied with something else. To attach pieces together, it's a simple whip stitch and it's really fun figuring out placement.


It's also satisfying to see a little block turn into an even bigger one. I'm going to see how big I can get it with all the scraps I have, but I'm hoping to at least get it to be about the size of my Japanese embroidery frame to make a cover that will protect my embroidery while it's in progress. Right now it's about 13"x16", and all just from scraps!


3 comments:

  1. It's amazing what you can put together if you have enough scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very snowy TUSAL! Great way to use up all the scraps of fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your hand quilting project...using up scraps is neat!

    ReplyDelete