Monday, January 1, 2024

2024 Goals

Looking at my objectives for 2023, I think I may have been more severe with myself than I should have in my last post. Althought not much was completed, I did hit some of my objectives.

  • Start and complete box making EGA class (Cartonnage) --- DONE
  • Start phase 4 piece Floral Melody (Japanese bead embroidery) --- Not even close
  • Stitch (and complete?) Arabian Nights by Margaret Lee (Japanese bead embroidery) --- DONE and no where near finished
  • Start (and complete?) Purple Iris by Margaret Lee (Japanese bead embroidery) --- DONE and no where near finished
  • Stitch (and complete?) phase 5 piece Himotaba (Japanese embroidery) --- DONE and nearly finished?
  • Stitch on phase 6 piece Eternal Grace (Japanese embroidery) --- DONE, unpicking counts right?
  • Complete Contrast Color wheel by Jen Goodwin (Blackwork) --- Nearly completed
  • Complete Virgin Queen's Stitching Wallet by Betsy Morgan (Counted work) --- Nearly completed
  • Stitch Kurenai-kai special advanced class piece Peach Blossoms and small bird (Japanese embroidery)  --- Not even close
  • Stitch (and complete?) Blackwell Roundel by Jenny Adin-Christie (metal and silk work)  --- Not even close
  • Stitch (and complete?) English Whitework Sampler by Darlene O'Steen (whitework) --- DONE and no where near finished
  • Start a cross stitch project that will be used for travels, details to come --- DONE sort of, had to switch the design last minute
This year's goals will be:
  • Complete phase 5 piece Himotaba (Japanese embroidery)
  • Stitch on phase 6 piece Eternal Grace (Japanese embroidery)
  • EGA Advanced box making class by Emma Broughton, sign up is in January to start in April
  • Start phase 4 piece Peacock Decorative Mat (Japanese bead embroidery), sometime in May
  • Stitch on Arabian Nights by Margaret Lee (Japanese bead embroidery)
  • Stitch on Purple Iris by Margaret Lee (Japanese bead embroidery)
  • Complete Contrast Color wheel by Jen Goodwin (Blackwork)
  • Complete Virgin Queen's Stitching Wallet by Betsy Morgan (Counted work)
  • Stitch on Kurenai-kai special advanced class piece Peach Blossoms and small bird (Japanese embroidery)
  • Stitch (and complete?) Blackwell Roundel by Jenny Adin-Christie (metal and silk work)
  • Stitch (and complete?) English Whitework Sampler by Darlene O'Steen (whitework)
  • Stitch on travel project Alphonse Mucha's Brunette (cross stitch)
The focus for 2024 will again be on Japanese embroidery and bead embroidery. I want to take as much advantage as I can of my teacher Margaret's time. The number 1 priority is finishing phase 5 and afterwards go back to phase 6. 

It's going to be a tough year as work is going to keep me occupied between one project being delivered in the spring and another kicking off in earnest right after. I want to keep this blog alive as much as possible, even if it's just to post the tiny bit of update I manage to get done. I think making to do lists and documenting my progress, will help me focus better on my objectives and get me back on track. It's worked wonders in the last week :)


3 comments:

  1. When I started my blog (more than ten years ago, eek!) it was to help me keep on track. It has done that, but it's also enticed me down some really deep rabbit holes. So I look forward to seeing both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many exciting projects on the list this year! I'm looking forward to learning all about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you made some excellent progress last year even if the pieces weren't completed. Looking forward to your updates here on the blog.

    ReplyDelete