Friday, April 5, 2013

Mystery Project Unveiled

I mentioned Saturday that I had finished my crochet mystery project. I couldn't show any pictures until I had given it to my friend.

Mel, who has her own blog called the Velvet Toolbox, is expecting her first baby (a girl!) and I knew I wanted to make something for her. I decided to make an afghan for her (my first one) and since I didn't know at the time if it was a boy or a girl, I picked yellow as the color. I found this really nice pattern on Ravelry called the Afghan Of The Sandman.

Here is a picture of the afghan spread out. It is approximately 37" by 27". I had to make modifications to the pattern in order to make allowances for the thread I used. The thread I picked had a lighter weight than the recommended thread (oops!), but I really liked the one I picked. It's very soft and fine.


I couldn't find a gift box that would be sturdy enough to hold the blanket, but I didn't want to just put it in a gift bag. So I decided to just get a very nice box that she could then re-use for the baby. I loved the pattern, it's cute without being overly girly.



I also bought this little elephant. I love plush toys and what better excuse to buy one than a new baby. They also had a rabbit in the same collection, which I almost bought for myself (I still might go get it :P)



No comments:

Post a Comment