Friday, October 31, 2014

Creative Festival 2014 Day 3

On Day three of the festival I only had one class called Autumn Leaves Needle Roll with Kim Beamish. The colors of this pattern are gorgeous, I love the reds and the oranges. The fabric is also very seasonal and fits the pattern, but it was a little hard to stitch on with the lighting in the room.

Kit
This is what it will look like once it's stitched. The leaves are stitched over one thread of fabric.


Once the stitching is done, it's finished into a needle roll. I love the ribbon it comes with.

It's supposed to be an advanced Hardanger class, I took it to get some tips. But it was only a three hour class, and most of us didn't progress past the buttonhole stitch at the top. It actually took me a while to remember how to do the buttonhole stitch (can't believe I forgot so soon, I did so many of them), but after a while I got into the rhythm of it. The pattern has some interesting stitches in it that I've never done, so I'm looking forward to working on this again.

My progress

3 comments: