Saturday, November 1, 2014

Creative Festival 2014 Day 4

Last day of the festival and my last class. This year I decided not to stay until the very end of the Festival. I had already done all my shopping Friday and Saturday, so I left right after my class.

The last class was a pulled thread embroider class called Pulled Thread Miniature Ornate Carpet with Karen Dudzinski (her designs are sold by Ruach Crafts). I originally took the class because I was curious about pulled thread embroidery, but after buying M'Lady's Treasures, I'll really need any tips I can get.

I love the colors in this design, especially the gold against that fabric. My only complaint is that the metallic threads are DMC light effects (which I hate). I will be switching those out for Kreinik, I already put in the order with Gitta's.

Kit
Here is what it will look like once stitched. The pulled thread part is mainly in the center part, with partial eyelets(?) around the inner border. The "butterflies" around it look cute from afar.

Karen's Carpet
With the class being only three hours long, we didn't get much done. But Karen really wanted us to at least try two rows of the pulled thread to understand how to stitch it and what it should look like. I was a little hesitant to pull on the thread. We are constantly being told to watch our tension, but here pulling too hard is good. I noticed that I get better results when I use a sewing motion, instead of my usual stabbing. So I guess I won't be using a hoop with this.


I have one last post about the Creative Festival, this time stash. I bought less than last year, but I think I spent just as much money lol

No comments:

Post a Comment