Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Goals

I did okay on my goals for 2018 despite the fact I didn't really work on my older WIPs. I was at least on point with my major goals.
  • TUSAL posts same as usual ---DONE
  • Stitch Hanabatake by Margaret Lee (Japanese bead embroidery) ---DONE
  • Stitch Japanese Landscape by Mary Brown (Goldwork) This one needs to be finished in time for Seminar ---DONE
  • Stitch on Bouquet from the Heart of Japan (Japanese embroidery) I want to make some sort of progress on this piece every month ---DONE
  • Start Hedebo Starburst by Jette Roy Finlay-Heath (Hedebo) ---DONE, I did start this piece but haven't shared yet as there isn't much to see yet. Lots of borders and prep.
  • Learn tambour beading ---Not even close
  • EAC Design course ---Way behind. I've only completed lessons 1 to 3 and haven't even started lesson 4.
  • Older WIPs. I'm putting these back in because they still need to be done. I'm hoping I do better this year.
    • Complete at least one page of Ink Circles' Bramble and the Rose ---One page is sort of completed, so I will mark this as DONE
    • Stitch the stonework on Teresa Wentzler's Tracery Dragons ---Not even close
    • Stitch the hemstitch border on Donna M. Olson's Fantasy Lace ---Not even close
    • Finish Katherine Drummond's Romantic Rosebuds ---Not even close
    • Finish Annie Penin's Fleur de Sakura ---Not even close
This year's goals will be:
  • TUSAL posts same as usual but this time I will do it on the last day of the month
  • Complete phase 1 Bouquet from the Heart of Japan (Japanese embroidery)
  • Complete Mermaids of the Deep (cross stitch)
  • Stitch on Hedebo Starburst by Jette Roy Finlay-Heath (Hedebo)
  • Start and keep up with the phase 2-3 piece Hiogi Fan (Japanese embroidery)
  • Stitch Blackwell Roundel by Jenny Adin-Christie (metal and silk work)
  • Stitch Russian Domes class (goldwork)
  • Stitch Colour wheel by Sew by Hand (Or Nue)
  • Work on completing the EAC Design course (lessons 4-8)
  • Learn a new technique
  • Older WIPS. I'm putting these back in because they still need to be done. I'm hoping I do better this year.
    • Complete at least one page of Ink Circles' Bramble and the Rose 
    • Stitch the stonework on Teresa Wentzler's Tracery Dragons 
    • Stitch the hemstitch border on Donna M. Olson's Fantasy Lace 
    • Finish Katherine Drummond's Romantic Rosebuds 
    • Finish Annie Penin's Fleur de Sakura 
I've added in a few new projects for this year, but as usual you never know what may come. I'm going to try very hard not to purchase any new kits as I feel like I already have too many, but again you never know.

No major trips this year, but I hope to attend the EAC seminar. This year it's hosted in Victoria, British Columbia. This is another city I've always wanted to visit as I've heard it is beautiful.


I signed up for a 2 day class only as I wanted more time to tour Victoria. Crossing my fingers I get my first choice. The plan is to fly in a few days earlier and drive around, nothing has been set in stone yet. 

I was hoping to go down to Atlanta this year to take phase 2 in Japanese bead embroidery at the JEC but it came down to choosing between it and starting phase 2-3 in Montreal. So that will have to be pushed again to next year. That's all I have for plans so far.

3 comments:

  1. You had a very successful year Dima! You’ve certainly achieved a lot and have worked some beautiful pieces. I look forward to what you bring us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of plans! I hope they come to fruition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very well with your plans for last year, and you seem to have a lot on the go for the new year as well! I'm looking forward to seeing all of these projects throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete