Friday, December 31, 2021

Armillary Sphere - Lesson 5 & 6

It was a close call but I made an effort this week to get Armillary Sphere completed as I did not want to drag this project into the next year.


It's a really simple stitch, just repeat lessons 2 and 3. Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who dislikes doing the same thing twice. Once I started though I was able to get everything done in about two sessions.


Turns out the stitching was the easy part.


The hard part was cutting the piece out and stitch it on. I had a very hard time getting a close trim.


Now that it's done I really like the effect. It's currently sitting on my desk, propped on the wall and I enjoy looking at it.


With this, the second piece in the series is completed. Crossing my fingers the third design, the Astrolabe, gets released next year. So I'm going to hold off on framing this one until I stitched the final piece.

3 comments:

  1. This is just stunning! I do love your goldwork. The fiddliness was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great success - beautifully conceived by the designer, and very well made by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is stunning, this 3D effect turned out great!

    ReplyDelete