Monday, December 20, 2021

Japanese Embroidery Phase 2 & 3 - Finished!

Here it is, all done! It's still on the frame though. I was planning on starting the framing process over the weekend but realized on Sunday I didn't have enough white cotton fabric. I'll be passing by the shop this week to get some as I want to complete the framing before end of year.


The pictures on the JEC shop is not very nice, but the colors came out fantastic. It was worth the 338.75 hours it took to stitch.


With this piece completed, I now have 4 phases done. I will be starting phase 5 and 6 next year. For now, I will having only one Japanese embroidery piece on the go. I should enjoy it as it won't be long before I have a slew of pieces on frames.


I've already taken my bird out of hiding and I decided I will attack it in areas. I will start with the isolated branch on the left. It's a good one to start with as I'll be able to stitch leaves, buds and a branch for practice. I will be off work for a week and a half starting Friday, and I'm hoping to have this branch completed by the end of it. If I'm able to get more done, all the better!

5 comments:

  1. The fan is beautiful. Congratulations on its completion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fan is so beautiful. The colours are so vibrant and jewel-like. I think my favourite part is the cords, you stitched them so well, they look 3D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very fine indeed now it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a stunning finish. The colours look so rich. I did Sensu for phase2/3 which I loved. But I am tempted to go back and do this design as well in the future. Have fun with the bird. Will you be doing the maple leaf version next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fan really is stunning! Well worth all the effort. Really looking forward to seeing more on the bird, too!

    ReplyDelete