Friday, December 9, 2022

November TUSAL

 


It feels like I just posted one of these. Not much has happened since my last post. I did start a new bead embroidery piece or was supposed to. I prepared the fabric on a frame in time for the prep class but sadly realized I couldn't attend the first day of class because it landed on the same night as the office Christmas party. So I've had to push back my official start to February. Here's a sneak peek at the project


The piece is called Arabian Nights and is from Margaret Lee's book the Art of bead embroidery. I've loved this piece for years but sadly the fabric is no longer available. Luckily Margaret had a few pieces leftover. I did get a little bit of stitching from the prep session but I'll hold off sharing as I haven't heard back from the teacher if she was happy with it or not. The zippered case on the left is where my bead piece will end up when it's done being stitched. I'm excited to try a new finishing method.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the Arabian Nights project come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it is going to be very interesting, both to follow the piece, and to follow the new finishing method!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous fabric! This sounds like another lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a very interesting piece! Shame you had to miss the first lesson, but I'm sure you'll be able to catch up in February.

    ReplyDelete