Monday, June 23, 2014

Time to Bring out the Scissors

I finished stitching all the eyelets on my Hardanger piece this weekend. At the beginning I was very hesitant, I wasn't sure if I was stitching them correctly. Once I started stitching using a "sewing" method instead of the "stab" method it became more natural and I was able to get a nice flow going. This pattern has been a great learning piece in helping me get the hang of Hardanger embroidery.

Eyelets all done
I am still worried about the next step thought. The pattern itself doesn't tell you what the rest of the stitches are (especially the filling stitch for the center). I've been looking at the other tutorials Mamen has on her website and googling, trying to plan the next step. I've also been studying her pictures of the finished piece. For example, she has cable stitches on the finished piece that don't show on the pattern:
Cable stitches
Tomorrow, I don't have work (Happy St-Jean Baptiste) and I'm hoping to start the cut-work then, IF I'm not too tired. Don't want to make a mistake at this stage.

1 comment:

  1. Its going to be stunning!!!! Best of luck with all that clipping!