Another finish! This was actually finished on Sunday, but I haven't had the chance to put up pictures yet. So here they are:
I will put up close up pictures of every Octagon here.
I have mixed feelings about this project. On the one hand, it was nice to work on something that was different and learning new stitches. I'd been looking at other stitchers WIP photos of it for over 2 years before I finally decided to buy the kit. On the other hand, when I picked this colorway I was expecting to get the same result as I saw in the pictures online. Due to threads being discontinued, substitutions were made and the end result is that what I got is very different. Most of the octagons are still stunning, but the octagons on the left and right of the middle row are a little blah compared to the others. But that's just me.
In the end, I am happy with it but not as enchanted with it as I was when I was looking at pictures of it.
I like to show the back of projects when I remember to take pictures of them.
Now I have to decide what I will do with it. My mom didn't really like the design, although she loved some of the colors in it. So I was planning to put it aside and have it framed and hung in my own house one day. A few weeks ago, she suggested I make it into a pillow. I kind of like the idea, I just have to figure out what to stitch in the spaces left over to make it into a square.
By the way, except for the class kits from the Creative Festival I am now down to one WIP :)