Friday, April 8, 2016

April TUSAL




Not a lot of variety this month. I mainly spent my time on Fandango and the black thread is from the gift I made that I still can't show.

I've also been a little bead crazy this month. I've been buying beads left and right, and looking at bead embroidery patterns. I found this one on Pinterest and having loads of fun with it. A few years ago when I was on an eBay spending spree I bought a lot of Mill Hill beads, so that's what I used. It's not ideal as the beads are not all identical, but it's fine when you're experimenting. I've started putting it together and it should be finished soon :)


Update 2016/04/12: Wendy was kind enough to give me the correct name for this kind of beading. It's called bead weaving and not bead embroidery. Something new to look up :)

10 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. It's beadweaving though, not bead embroidery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I now have another keyword to look up in Pinterest :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! What do you plan to do with it when finished? Jewelry maybe or an appliqué?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice orts and beading.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely and I love your bead holders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks lovely. I could easily get interested in bead work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like an interesting craft. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could use it to embellish a hairgrip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty piece! I am also curious about how it will be finished.

    ReplyDelete