Friday, April 22, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 – April


This month's theme is: What do you listen to while stitching? (via Jo) I don't listen to music or audio books while stitching. I usually stitch at my desk with a frame on one side of my desk and computer screen on the other end. Netflix is pretty much always on. If I'm not re-watching my favorite shows, I'm watching a documentary. I've watched so many at this point on a huge variety of subjects: biographies, environment, guns, education, dance, music,... I've even watched the ones about alcohol even though I don't drink, it's my way of educating myself so that I can hold a conversation with co-workers who do drink (I know how champagne is made =D). But my favorite are the ones on food. I do occasionally find that all stitching has stopped and I'm watching the screen, but that's okay. I'm resting my eyes ;)

This month I did put in some time on Bramble and the Rose. In fact I reached my little goal of finishing one page (page 3). So that's one thing I can cross off. Extra points if I can finish page 2 and 5 :)

Ink Circles - The Bramble and the Rose
Still hidden away poor dragons.

No Update
Teresa Wentzler - Tracery Dragons

Yeah, I thought about taking this out, but then nothing happened.
No Update
Satin Stitches - Donna's Fantasy Lace

Pre-work on Fandango has gone as far as it will until I go to Seminar. It's not a very good picture, sorry. It's hard to capture white on white.

I've also added two more projects to my WIP list. Both are projects I'm taking as a class with my EAC guilds. One is a Sardinian Knot stitch class with VT and the other is an Italian Drawn Thread class with LCSG.
Sardinian Knot Stitch Mug Mat - Jeanine Robertson
Sfilati Fantasia - Fiore Fonda

7 comments:

  1. Lovely update Catherine. Your stitching is beautiful.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. White on white is very hard to capture. Always good to see progress being made, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on Brambles, I love these designs. And a little on the Dragons too. And at least you thought about Fantasy Lace. It's the thought that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing another page of Bramble and the Rose!!! Don't feel to bad about not giving Tracery Dragons any love, Mine is still kitted up and setting in the STASH cabinet wondering if it will ever see the light of day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Italian piece is gorgeous. White on white is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting how different we all are - I can't imagine crafting without music on. Great work on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your EAC projects Dima and excellent work on Bramble and the Rose 💜!

    ReplyDelete