Monday, August 22, 2016

Dentelles et Broderies en Lumière

Over the weekend we decided to take a mini road trip to visit Quebec city which is 3 hours away from our home. We left Friday after lunch and came back on Saturday night. I was in charge of navigation and on the way there we kind of took a little detour ;)

La Guilde des Dentellières et des Brodeuses are celebrating their 25th anniversary and decided to hold an exposition of recent works by guild members. There was lacework, embroidery and tatting. Many of the pieces were the members own creation, while others were based on designers' patterns. There were even a few antique pieces that were passed down.

I was able to take pictures, but I was told it has to be for personal use only. So I can't really post them here. If anyone is interested in seeing them I can share a link to my personal album, because I know how annoying it is to hear about a fantastic exposition and not be able to see it for the simple reason of not living near the area. However I will share three pictures of my favorite pieces.




The guild had decided to print a catalog of all the pieces that were displayed fro 25$ and it was well worth it. It is very well made and the work is just gorgeously photographed.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful exhibit! Thank you for showing your three favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pieces are breathtaking. I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embroidery and lace can be so hard to photograph - good to now they were able to get it properly done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those pieces are stunning, especially the cover design.

    ReplyDelete