Thursday, July 12, 2018

Hanabatake - More Leaves

Things are still progressing steadily on Hanabatake. I've been working on a small section every night. I'm still a long way off from finishing, but things are progressing much better. I'm not falling in love with the piece again, but I am liking it more than I have in the past few months.

(click on the post to see the animation below)


Here is what it looks like now after three evenings of stitching. I have maybe one more opportunity tonight if I don't get caught up with anything. I have to make brownies for an office BBQ we're having tomorrow.


Tomorrow night I pack my bags as we're leaving early Saturday morning. Seminar doesn't start till Tuesday but we decided to take our time getting there so we can make a few stops along the way. We're visiting Quebec City, Rivière-du-Loup and Moncton before arriving at our final destination on Monday evening.

I scheduled some posts to auto-publish next week. I will finally unveil my EAC board challenge piece I embroidered. If you want to follow along on what I'll be up to next week, as always, you can do so on Instagram.

6 comments:

  1. I think you'll find you'll like the piece more as more of the spots begin to join together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading about your upcoming travels makes me nostalgic over the trip I took with my family in 1964 to visit relatives on my father's side in Quebec city and on my mother's side in Moncton. Have many, many second and third cousins there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The parts where you have added the leaves look lovely. I think you will enjoy this more as you work across the piece and see how great it looks.
    Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy a beading koma! I hope it's working well for you. I have the Hanabatake kit in my stash. Yours is looking lovely!

    Margaret (from Sharp Needler)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful intricate work. Enjoy your get-away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the leaves make this look and can't wait to see it all done, but I will happyly wait for you to get back to this at some point. I hope you have a good time traveling and I'm looking forward for what you'll have to show on your return!

    ReplyDelete