Sunday, December 30, 2018

Finishing Hoops

In between working on the bearded iris, I took the time to finish Mr. Blue and Tansy Beetle for hanging.


For Mr. Blue I wanted to do something a little different. I didn't like the look of the back of Foxy unfinished the way it was. So I decided to try a new finishing method I saw on Instagram. I looked through my fabric stash and found this piece of blue with white swirls.


I originally bought it to bead the swirls thinking it would make a pretty beaded pillow. The swirls would be an excellent practice for stitching clean curves. For now, it will make a lovely backing. I attached it using a ladder stitch.


Mr. Blue is now ready for hanging.

I wanted to do the same with Tansy Beetle but didn't find a matching fabric in my stash. I'll keep on the lookout for the perfect piece and also one for Foxy. I did shop for a pretty ribbon to hang Tansy.


Both pieces are now hanging on my cork-board. There is still a few spots for other ornaments. I will be on the lookout for that perfect piece to hang there.


I have one more piece to finish off and it's Hanabatake. I'm so close! I've attached the zipper and I finally finished the piece that goes inside the case this week. Now I just need to sit down and attach it. My goal is to finish before the end of the year. So at the time that I write this, I have two more days. Wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. Well done, those finishes are just right - simple and clean, not fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your board looks wonderful. I did not realise that Mr Blue was so small until I saw your hand holding him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishing! Just as Jo, I didn't realise just how tiny that heron is. Knowing it is makes all the intricate work even more impressing!

    ReplyDelete