Monday, July 8, 2019

June TUSAL



I'm really behind on my posts as things are getting very busy at work. I usually write my posts during my lunch break, which leave more time for stitching when I get home, but recently I haven't been able to take long ones. So I'm going to use this post to both share a picture of my ORT jar and my progress on two of the pieces I've been working on.

Outdoors stitching has started. I'm making some progress on the center motif of my hedebo piece.


During the week, I've been working on my mermaid piece for about half an hour to an hour a day. I've missed my sister's birthday, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to finish it before the end of the year.


The skin takes forever to stitch as I'm working 1 over 1, so I have double the amount of stitches to put in. To speed things up, I've been practicing two handed stitching. It works really well if the strands is not too long. Now I just need to be able to do the same on non-counted fabric.

(click on the post to see the video below)

4 comments:

  1. Your Hedebo piece looks lovely. I hope you have some good stitching time as I can't wait to see more of it. The 1 over 1 is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two handed stitching is very useful, sometimes, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on both pieces! I practice two handed stitching too, sometimes...it works, but still feels weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the Hebedo. I like the video of the two-handed stitching, it looks like someone else is pushing the needle back to you!
    BTW stitching over 1 is actually four times the number of stitches, not just double!

    ReplyDelete