Friday, December 30, 2016

Hana Beaded Fob & Case

We finally got some sunlight and I can now share my finished Hana fob and case. This project was a lovely introduction to the Japanese Bead Embroidery Technique. I can't wait to do more of it next year.


The original project from Inspirations is by Merrilyn Whittle and was only the fob, but I had decided very early on that I wanted to make a scissor case as well. These two are actually my first fob and case. Before this I'd never made one before.


I had to take a picture of Hana and Fandango together. They were two of my favorite and best projects of 2016. I will be taking both of them with me to Seminar for the member's exhibition. My next goal for this piece is to find a lovely pair of gold scissors to display it at Seminar. The ones in the pictures are my first pair of Nogent scissors. They are my favorite for doing the cut work in Hardanger. So I definitely can't take them with me for Seminar.



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! When my arm heals, I hope to try out this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed by your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. You should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely - and so satisfying to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I have really enjoyed following your progress on this project over the year. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete