Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Progress So Far

Since coming back from Seminar I've been taking it easy. Not that I'm not stitching, I'm just not doing anything that's too complicated.


My center is finished as I'd decided I won't add the needlelace flower at the center. The center is mainly composed of satin stitch, diagonal half cross stitch and reverse faggot stitch.


I've since moved onto the border. There are four rows of satin stitch going all around the piece. I'm finally at the last one and will be very glad to move onto something else soon :)


I think once I've finished the satin stitching, I will work on getting the smaller diamonds ready for stitching. This actually involves more satin stitching but it has to be done.

8 comments:

  1. All that satin stitch - I'm sure it will be worth it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the close-ups, there's so much detail in this piece.
    Will the three smaller diamonds be repeated in each corner or are there different patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need a change of pace at times, and you had a busy week last week! This is very pretty, and something that sounds like you will be becoming an expert in satin stitching! I love all the different patterns on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, what a lot of stitching.

    ReplyDelete