Sunday, December 31, 2017

Looking Back at 2017

Looking back over this year I managed to finish 10 projects and one crochet. Again 2 more than last year! Maybe I'll have 12 finishes next year.


One amigurumi this year again. I will have more next year as I have two friends expecting a baby in the summer.


This year I learned that:

I am still in love with whitework techniques. I did more Punto Antico but also tried two new techniques: Italian drawn thread and Hedebo.


Absolutely love beading and even tried my hand at creating my own design with the little pouch.

I've added goldwork to my list of favorite techniques. I did 3 projects this year and I would love to do even more in the future.

I have quite a few WIPs leftover. I will need to look at some of these and make some decisions on whether I will actually work on them at all. I realized this year that cross stitch no longer holds my interest the way it used to, which you can see from the dismal progress on Tracery Dragon and Bramble and the Rose.


To keep with the tradition, I will be stitching on Bramble and the Rose on the last day of the year. So I will have at least one update for my oldest WIP next year ;) As for the others we'll just have to see what the new year will bring.

6 comments:

  1. You are truly talented! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did extremely well during the year. Congratulations on your productivity! Mine was possibly an all time low for embroidery, but I accomplished a fair amount of knitting and show wins, so I'm satisfied on the whole. I'll be doing my review soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely projects here! I especially enjoyed following your beaded pouch project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects. I love the goldwork the most, especially that little fox!

    Could you try the "one length of thread per day" technique on Bramble? Slow and steady works for me when I am not inspired by a project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done very well, and experimented with some interesting techniques. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had such wonderful finishes this year. I can see how cross stitch would seem a little boring to you, now that you have so many wonderful other techniques to work on.
    I second Jo on the 'one length a day' strategy - if you are still interested in seeing that project finish, it might work nicely!

    ReplyDelete