Saturday, June 18, 2016

French Needle Paris 2016 - Day 6

Saturday, May 28 was our "last" day in Paris. I woke up sad to know that we were leaving with so much still to see and happy as well to be going home soon. The day started out lovely, we went to Parc Monceau and had a lovely walk.


There were many people there, some exercising


Other just enjoying a walk in the morning.




After our little walk, we went to the Musée Nissim de Camondo. The museum is housed inside a mansion that was built in 1911 by the Comte Moïse de Camondo, a banker. He had requested his architect to design it patterned to the Petit Trianon (built 1762-1768) of Versailles, but with modern conveniences of course :)


The Comte, after the loss of his son in World War I, bequeathed the house and it's contents to Les Arts Décoratifs who turned it into a museum in 1935. The inside of the house still looks like a private home. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures inside, I was running out of batteries :( One of the ladies is sending me a copy of her pictures, so maybe one day I will update this post.



After this tour we were supposed to have some free time and be on our own for lunch. However, we all opted to go to Laduree. The lovely Karine made reservations for us and so the tour bus dropped us their location on the Champs-Elysées.


The restaurant which is located on the second floor is decorated in the rococo style which is lovely.


But after sitting there for the duration of lunch, I realized that I could never live in a house like this.


After lunch was cleared, we waited to order dessert with anticipation.


I had their 1001 Nuits tea and a millefeuille fraise. Both were fantastic and I actually wish I had bought some of the tea.


I took a picture of the tea pot, because I love the pot holder. We all thought it was an excellent finishing idea for a small cross stitch project.


Since we were at Laduree, I took the opportunity to get some macarons. I bought some for friends and bought this box for the family. I love all the little couture tools on it.


While we were at lunch the weather turned and it started to pour. Knowing we didn't have a lot of time before we had to go back to the hotel, Karine, Carolyn and I decided to walk along les Champs and visit the couture houses. We went into Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana, Chanel, Ralph Lauren and Dior. My favorites were Dolce and Gabbana (you can see two of their dresses below), and Dior.

Dolce and Gabbana was delightfully over the top with lots of beading and gorgeous buttons, while Dior was sophisticated and understated. If only I had a million dollars... Who am I kidding I would probably spend it on stash :P



Dinner that night was on the river Seine. It was lovely and we had a beautiful view of the Eiffel tower at night. We were quite lucky that it had stopped raining, and especially with our timing. As some of you have heard, a few days later with the rain they had been experiencing, the river Seine flooded.


This concludes my trip to Paris. I was up very early the next day, all packed up and ready to go home. I made sure to keep my stash close by the whole trip back ;)


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know you got home before the floods - that might have been the wrong sort of excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have SO enjoyed these posts. Thank you for sharing your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a trip! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a glorious trip! I'm jealous.....so happy you shared your days with us.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete