Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Weekend Stitching

I got super busy yesterday and didn't get the chance to post an update of my weekend stitching. It's super short as I can't share most of it. I was invited to a Stitcher's Rendez-vous again and I used the time to work on homework for my seminar class Hedebo Enchantment. It's going very fast. I have one more round of faggot stitch to do and a satin stitch border.


I spent most of my weekend actually working on my secret project. Someone had tagged me on Instagram for what I was doing right now. Since it was the only thing I was stitching at the time, I decided to give a little taste. It was only fair I share it here as well ;) It's going very well, much faster than I was expecting which is great as I'm on a deadline. I'm aiming to finish the stitching and the "finishing" before I leave on vacation April 8. Crossing my fingers!


Last week I shared a review of Giuliana Ricama magazine and many of you mentioned looking forward to seeing my stitching. That will be happening. A project has been picked, it's just a matter of waiting for the fabric. The fabric that is used for many of the projects in the magazine is a Graziano Ricamo Linen. I've noticed in Italy, they don't identify the fabric by count but by name. Ricamo linen is actually a 45 count linen. If you are familiar with Lakeside Linens, this is the fabric they use for their 45 count hand-dyed linens. I've never worked with anything so fine, so I'm looking forward to it.

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck for your deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 45 count! I'm looking forward to seeing that. Your weekend stitching looks beautiful and I'm intrigued by the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to seeing your reveal of your secret project - I love the colours! I always admire your whitework, it's always so beautiful and way beyond my capabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your new whitework and bead work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice whitework. The colours for the beaded piece look like a nice bright contrast to that one.
    I have not tried 45 count, it's not easily available here. But I like 28 over one so I am sure I would like 45 over 2.

    ReplyDelete