Sunday, January 14, 2018

Hanabatake - Part 2

On day two of Hanabatake, I moved onto flower 4. This one was a little easier to stitch. It is very similar to flower 5 and the center of the flower is stitched in a technique that I learned in Hana and my phase 1 Japanese bead embroidery piece.

(click on the post to see the animation below)


There are three of these flowers and they're stitched in the same manner, except for the one in the animation above. Instead of a half circle, it has a full one. I noticed as well that the proportions of the drawn lines didn't match what the flower should look like once it was beaded. So I ended up adjusting the petal outline.

Flower 4
An overview of the piece.


6 comments:

  1. There's always a bit of tweaking involved in these sort of pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dima , this is beautiful !! what is the color of the silk : dark grey or black ?
    Have a lovely day,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I’ve missed a lot with my lack of blog reading! You have probably guessed I’m going backwards 😊 this will be beautiful once completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another pretty flower! But looking at the fabric, there is so much more prettiness to come.

    ReplyDelete