Friday, January 12, 2018

Japanese Embroidery Phase 1 - part 5

Since my stand was out and I couldn't work on Japanese Landscape, I figured it was a good time as any to take out my phase 1 Japanese Embroidery piece.

I spent the day on it, starting with finishing a few threads that have been sticking out. I worked on the pink flower and filled in a bit more of the wrapping paper (upper right corner).


When you take a class, you tend to jump around a lot on a piece as the teacher tries to show you how to do each technique. In normal circumstances, the iris would be stitched first before you move onto the next element. So I spent the afternoon working the larger petals. These are stitched with twisted thread so a lot of my time was spent twisting threads for it.


I think it needs about two more sessions to finish it. I'm slowly getting the hang of stitching curved elements.

2018/01/08: I had a stitching meet up with my Japanese embroidery group. I was able to put in more time on the iris. One more session and it will be finished.


9 comments:

  1. It's looking good. All that thread twisting was worth while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the light catches on the twisted blue threads, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your progress is very beautiful Dima :) The twisted threads are looking very nice : Super !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous! I, too, like how the light catches the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful embroidery Dima. I like the twisted effect although it must be slow work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your stitches are so perfect, you are a really talented embroiderer. The blue is a gorgeous shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress. I love how incredibly neat all your stitches look :) It's probably good to work on this now, so you can 'set' your newly learned knowledge by applying it a bit more before too much time has passed since the class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I admire those who can do Japanese embroidery. I know there is a lot of training and precision involved. But it looks to me like you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete