Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hanabatake - Part 7

The last of the larger flowers is flower 8. I know it looks like I was randomly jumping around working on all these flowers, but there is a reason behind the madness. By the time I made it through to flower 8 I now understand how to stitch the different flowers and worked out how best to do them.

(click on the post to see the animation below)


Flower 8 has two variations, the one below requires a koma for the upper line of the leaves. Every single bead needs to be couched so as to get a nice curve. The petals are stitched like flower 7.

Flower 8 variation 1

I'm not sure if this second flower is a variation of flower 8. The centers looked very similar but the petals are more fanned out instead of being grouped.

(click on the post to see the animation below)


I think I prefer the petals in this one than the first, but I do like the leaves in the other. Adds more color.

Flower 8 variation 2

Now that I have all the larger flowers done, I can stand back and look at the piece. I'm noticing large empty spaces in the middle on the left and the top right. Makes me think maybe there should have been another big flower there. I'll see how that will change once I start adding the leaves and stems.


This concludes my marathon of posts. It took me two weeks, but now that I'm caught up (sort of) I can go back to my regular posting schedule. If you follow me on Instagram you'll understand what I mean. I really need to rethink my strategy for next year but it's not often I get a full weeks worth of stitching.

7 comments:

  1. You’ve not only had a marathon Blog posting schedule but a marathon stitching session too! I really like the way you have approached this piece with getting all varieties of flowers stitched in so you understand them all. It looks lovely, and will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the randomness of the flowers. I look forward to seeing how the leaves and stem fill in. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In such cases I just schedule the posts, and then if life turns chaotic I have a couple of weeks' leeway in which to recover. It means my blog is sometimes a long way behind my actual working, but being able to stop and think about the current challenge, while posting and writing about something else. Sometimes the combination unlocks a difficulty for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And even more pretty flowers! I think I like the second variation a bit better, but they are both gorgeous. I'm glad you got caught up (more time for stitching!), but also a bit sad - I liked having pretty beads to look at almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is looking lovely! If I have a crafting marathon (not happened for a long time!), I still stagger my posts, it makes up for times when I don't make much or have nothing worth showing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the one with the leaves! I love the pop of green.
    I've also enjoyed these daily posts even if I have read them in batches. They are just the right length to read and digest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. I like both flowers and it will be interesting to see the added leaves and stems.

    ReplyDelete